The Speedpaint: Arting Part 2

This is the second part in my Arting posts. Today I’m going to talk about what I painted on my first speedpaint. You can read Arting Part 1 HERE.

Shirt close up backShirt close up front

As I said in part 1, I wanted to start a Spring. I need a sort of logo and I had an idea of what I wanted. I ended up with a decent amount of sketches, but I settled one (I still want to illustrate the other ones). Since I settled on Sweet Dream Afro (that can be found here) there were many elements I wanted to include. First and foremost, I wanted to make fashion like piece. The hair had to be natural, so I went with loose twist outs. And finally I wanted a dream element, the sleeping kind by the way. In this case I opted for closed eyes and a dream journal. This is a personal touch because I have been keeping a dream journal since 2013. I may talk about how I got into dream journaling eventually.

Front view of the actual shirt, which is lighter.Front view of the actual shirt, which is lighter.
Spring mockup on a pink shirt

In previous iterations (and this one) I had trouble with the clothes. What color, shape; and a skirt or pants? Speaking of color, I originally imagined more pastel colors. However, I started considering darker options for the clothes when I decided to use a darker hair color. I settled on what you see now. I found other combinations I liked. So, similar to what I said above, I may do another piece with this same character. You can see the final art below, and how it came out from Spring above vs mock up. This is the first and last time I’m using that triangle as of right now. I have something else I'm designing.

All and all, the time was around 7+ hours. However, it may be way longer because the files for the sketching and line art got corrupted… Yay! 

[I'm re-editing this timelapse, it'll be back soon!]


Thanks for reading and watching. My YouTube is AdriArting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.