Book Review: Treasure Island

Photograph of the cover of Treasure Island. Paperback version released by Aladdin; Feb 1, 2000
Title: Treasure Island
Author: Robert Louis Stevenson; Forward by Avi
Source/Format: Purchased ; Paperback
Publisher/ Release date: Aladdin; Feb 1, 2000 (First Published 1879)
Goodreads     Barnes & Noble

Synopsis from 
Goodreads:
Climb aboard for the swashbuckling adventure of a lifetime. Treasure Island has enthralled (and caused slight seasickness) for decades. The names Long John Silver and Jim Hawkins are destined to remain pieces of folklore for as long as children want to read Robert Louis Stevenson's most famous book. With it's dastardly plot and motley crew of rogues and villains, it seems unlikely that children will ever say no to this timeless classic.

What I Thought:
This review is going to be on the shorter side. A long time ago, when I was younger, I tried to read Treasure Island but stopped around page 124 or 125. I decided to give it another go recently. Starting over from the beginning I found that it is an exciting adventure story. The first half of the book bored me. But, I still somewhat enjoyed it. This is because the first few chapters served as an in-depth introduction to the main characters and the relationships they had with each other. Otherwise, it seemed to drag on. It was better once the characters set out to sea.

There’s not much else I want to say, so I’m going to leave it here. Overall, I did enjoy Treasure Island. It’s a classic, fun, treasure hunting story, so if it sounds interesting to you, I recommend checking it out.

31/2 Cone out of 5

Thanks For Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.