Movie Review: War for the Planet of the Apes

Title: War for the Planet of the Apes
Directed by: Matt Reeves
Produced by: Mark Bomback, Peter Chernin (Read more on IMDb)
Screenplay: Mark Bomback, Matt Reeves
Release Date: July 14, 2017
Special Screening

Summary from IMDb:
After the apes suffer unimaginable losses, Caesar wrestles with his darker instincts and begins his own mythic quest to avenge his kind.

My Thoughts


Usually, I go to movies that I'm interested in, but with War For the Planet of the Apes, my mom encouraged me to go.  The only thing I knew was that it was the third movie in the series. Even though I had no intention of seeing it, I'm glad I did.

The story started in the middle of soldiers coming towards a stronghold. My first thought was that this was going to be an all war no story type of movie. Albeit, happily, I was wrong. The plot was able to hold my attention throughout the film, and the dialog wasn't overbearing. One of the things I loved was the visuals. The apes were very realistic in detail, plus The  CGI blended well with both the humans and scenery. There was some violence, but I can always appreciate a film that can do action that doesn’t contain too much gore.

The entire film was a good balance between story, dialog, and action. Overall I enjoyed War for the Planet of the Apes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.