Movie Review: The Dark Tower

Title: The Dark Tower
Directed by: Nikolaj Arcel
Produced by: Akiva Goldsman, Brian Grazer, Ron Howard, Stephen King (Read more on IMDb)
Screenplay: Akiva Goldsman, Jeff Pinkner, Anders Thomas Jensen, Nikolaj Arcel (Read more on IMDb)
Release Date: August 4, 2017
Official Website

Summary from IMDb:
The last Gunslinger, Roland Deschain, has been locked in an eternal battle with Walter O’Dim, also known as the Man in Black, determined to prevent him from toppling the Dark Tower, which holds the universe together. With the fate of the worlds at stake, good and evil will collide in the ultimate battle as only Roland can defend the Tower from the Man in Black.

My Thoughts

I never read The Dark Tower by Stephan King myself; I only saw it on a shelf in a bookstore. However, the trailer really caught my interest. Although I liked many elements of the film, I am only going to discuss a couple.

The first thing I found out about the movie was that it was only about ninety-five minutes. I was curious, as I am used to sitting through longer movies. However, after seeing the film, I feel like this was the perfect length. Any longer, and it would have been a yawn fest. In the allotted time, adventure, plot, and action held my interest as the main characters, Jake and Roland, sought one goal: keep Dark Tower standing and defeated Walter.

The action scenes kept me on the edge of my seat. The pacing of these scenes was fast, often making me wonder how characters were going to get out of the situation. There were also some emotional scenes, making me at times want to cry. One last thing is that it would have been nice to see more background information on the world(s), as I left the theater with some questions.

I would like to elaborate on some other things, but I dislike possibly spoiling anything. Therefore, overall, I really enjoyed The Dark Tower.


I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.