Movie Review: Spider-Man Homecoming

Title: Spider-Man: Homecoming
Directed by: Jon Watts
Produced by: Kevin Feige, Amy Pascal (Read more on IMDb)
Screenplay: Jonathan Goldstein, John Francis Daley (Read more on IMDb)
Release Date: July 7, 2017
Advance Screening
Official Website

Summary from IMDb:
Several months after the events of Captain America: Civil War, Peter Parker, with the help of his mentor Tony Stark, tries to balance his life as an ordinary high school student in Queens, New York City while fighting crime as his superhero alter ego Spider-Man as a new threat, the Vulture, emerges.

My Thoughts

I recall, when I was only tween age, I said to myself: I’m done with Spider-Man. But when Spider-Man Homecoming ended the only thing I thought was: five spools! Both my brother and I think that this is a fresh start to Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).

There are a lot of things I liked about the film, but I’m only going to mention a few.  First of all, it feels fresh, young, and realistic, especially the main character and villain. I enjoyed Peter Parker’s character, as he always wanted to prove himself as a hero. The development he went through, to me, was astonishing. As for the villain, while I may not be familiar with the history of the character, Vulture’s motive felt really believable. As for everyone else, I loved the diverse cast of characters. I felt like each actor portrayed their character well. Finally, I loved the fact that the plot was straightforward, and it flowed nicely. Actually, the pace was so smooth that despite the film being two hours and thirteen minuets, I hardly noticed it. Never once did I beg it to end.

Overall Spider-Man Homecoming is, by far the best addition to the MCU. Like I said before, five spools! Oh yeah, make sure you stay till the very end to see the bonus scenes.

I really loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.